Why use this programme?
We encounter conflict every day – conflict between manager and subordinate, between colleagues, between buyer and seller, engineer and customer, HR and employee. The effective resolution of conflict can afford the opportunity to greatly improve relationships. Yet most people have never received any training to understand conflict and the different approaches that can be adopted to resolve it.
This program provides that background, together with the opportunity to discuss and practice how the most successful resolvers of conflict operate. Save yourself time, and money and give yourself the peace of mind of knowing that you have conflict resolution skills.
AIMS – an overview of the purpose of the programme
- To enable participants to develop an ethical, principled and sustainable approach to handling conflict
- To develop the skills needed to apply that approach
OBJECTIVES – the specific learning outcomes for participants
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Name four behavioural strategies used in conflict situations and explain their relevance to conflict resolution and their impact on the parties involved
- Define “conflict resolution” and explain the principal ethical ways by which conflict is resolved in business
- Practice the “big five” core skills used in conflict resolution and identify personal strengths and development areas in these skills
- Recognise future potential conflict situations and apply the appropriate tools to ensure they are resolved effectively
Duration: 2 Days