Why use this programme?
How effective are you at influencing others? Do you ever wonder why other people don’t take more notice of your good ideas? Ever feel that you are being overlooked – perhaps for promotion or for inclusion in new, exciting assignments? Why don’t people value your opinions more? What makes some people listened to more than others with equal know-how and experience?
It is a sad fact that many good ideas are lost everyday in business because the people whose ideas they are fail to get noticed. This programme looks at some of the interpersonal and cultural activities that the most effective influencers use and provides an understanding of key methods of influencing others and the opportunity to try them out and practice them.
AIMS – an overview of the purpose of the programme
- To make participants aware of the factors that affect the degree to which they influence others
- To learn and try out techniques to improve their influencing skills
OBJECTIVES – the specific learning outcomes for participants
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Explain the four key styles of influencing and describe the behaviours used in each
- Practice behavioural techniques associated with each of the four styles
- In given scenarios, adopt influencing styles appropriate to the situation and the individuals involved
- From feedback received, identify influencing skills in which they are already strong and those areas where they need to develop, and produce an appropriate development plan.
Duration: 2 Days